SaGES Conference 2023
The SaGES Conference 2023 will be hosted by the Department of Geomatics Engineering at the University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada. The 2023 SaGES conference is co-sponsored by ISPRS. For more information (registration, accomodation, program, etc) please go to SaGES 2023 managed by University of Calgary.
· What is the event? the SaGES 2023 conference
· Where is the event? at the University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
· When is the event? July 16 – 20, 2023
· Who is welcome? anyone from the surveying/geomatics community including academia (both students and faculty), industry, and government
· Why attend? this is the first in-person SaGES event since 2019 and the first SaGES conference in Canada since 2003
· When will registration be open? Go to the University of Calgary Conference Website for SaGES 2023
Abstracts and Papers
· Abstracts related to surveying and geomatics education are of interest for this event.
· Feedback will be provided by Fri, March 31.
· Paper presentations should be designed for 15 minutes, with five minutes for questions. This schedule will be strictly held and moderators will enforce this policy.
Theme 1: Surveying & Geomatics Education (suggested topics not intended to be limiting)
· Effective pedagogical styles and methods such as active, experiential, team-based, project-based, inquiry-based, etc. learning
· Innovative surveying/geomatics curricula
· Success stories in in-person, remote, and hybrid delivery modes
· Appropriate integration of advanced technology into course work
· Accreditation – experiences, best practices, program assessment techniques
· Internships, co-ops, and summer jobs as work-integrated learning (WIL)
· Field work camps and capstone projects
Theme 2: Surveying & Geomatics Research (suggested topics not intended to be limiting)
· Land/boundary surveying, survey law, cadastral issues
· Geodesy, GIS, positioning and navigation, remote sensing, photogrammetry, laser scanning, hydrographic surveying
· Computing, estimation, data analysis, numerical methods, engineering design
· Emerging technologies
· Undergraduate student research at predominantly teaching institutions
· Graduate student research
Theme 3: Surveying & Geomatics Outreach (suggested topics not intended to be limiting)
· Role of professional associations/organizations (local and national)
· Importance of professional licensure
· Industry and government agency partnerships
· Workforce development, trends, and changes
· Recruiting and retention efforts
· Abstract Submission: March 17, 2023
· Notification of Abstract Acceptance: May 31
· Presentation, at a minimum, must be submitted
· We highly recommend that presenters also submit abstracts and papers to the directly to the Journal of Surveying and Land Information Science (SaLIS) so that a special conference issue can be planned. Please review the paper preparation guidelines prior to submission at this link. (https://www.aagsmo.org/salis-journal/)
SaGES promotes the effective teaching and learning of surveying, mapping, geomatics, and other spatially related education. SaGES is a forum where academia, industry and government work together to exchange ideas, promote common causes, and provide opportunities to improve the teaching and learning of geomatics.
Questions or Comments?